Friday, January 6, 2012

And The Journey Began

I decided last month that it was waaaaaa......ay past time I start getting my act together and helping myself. I can sit around and wait for the miracle pill that I can pop and then the lbs just fall away. Or I can get my butt up and start taking care of myself. I turn 30 in 4 months. I have no husband and no children and that is my fault. I can't expect a man to love me, when I don't love myself.
So I asked myself what is it about me that is great. Well, I love people with everything I have. I see their faults but I accept them for who they are, pray for them when they need it, and love them no matter what. I am giving. I have been told my whole life that I don't know how to say no. I do. I like to help. as me to do something and I am going to do my best to help.
Then I asked myself, What is it about you that you find beautiful. And this one took a little longer. I could say my eyes. But when I thought it the very next thought was, Ella has prettier eyes. So then I thought well there is my hair. But nope, I couldn't see it as beautiful. Then I realized wait I have a problem here. I am beautiful. God made me. He made me in His image and out of His love. So what can I do to make myself see.
LOSE THE WEIGHT THAT IS HIDING YOUR BEAUTY. Only it can't just be weight loss for vanity's sake. It has to be for more.
It is. It is so I can wake up in the morning without being sore because I have 300 plus lbs resting on my bones. It is because I want to be able to run not just walk. Because I want to grow old and see my nieces graduate college and have babies. So it begins. Well it began because I started 5 days ago. I counted my calories everyday. That is a huge accomplishment. Exercised daily with a bonus super workout yesterday where I walked 2.5 miles in just under an hr. I couldn't believe it. Today I celebrate a victory. 5 days have past and I haven't given up.
I don't know how much I weigh because I have reached a weight higher than household scales weigh. But I know I wear size 30/32 pants and so I have decided to gauge my progress accordingly. So here goes>
I have a dress that is a 28 I can get it on but it is too tight for it to be appropriate. It is perfect for my sister's wedding though. She gets married in 4 weeks. So......
Goal One Size 28 by Feb 11.
It won't be easy and there will be set backs but I am going to Run this race with endurance and the support of my family and my friends.

1 comment:

jrae83 said...

Hey girl! Good for you! Goal setting is so crucial for success. I'll be cheering you on. Let me know if there is anyway that I can help you! Blogging really helped me and is helping me to stay accountable. I hope to read more about your journey!